/24 multihoming issue

  • From: Kyaw Khine
  • Date: Thu Oct 20 00:39:54 2005

I'm having trouble announcing a single /24 from an
ASN. ASN is multi-homed to ISP-A and ISP-B, prepending
on ISP-B side.
ASN in question has one and only one /24 which
originally was from ISP-B /17 block.

Some ISP only sees path from ISP-A and some from ISP-B
and very few sees both paths. Apparently, when we are
testing failover, it failed. (can't get to most of the
internet, can't VPN in from outside, can't send mails
etc.... BGP paht/route disappear from some of looking
glasses)

After the test, I registered /24 and ASN with RADB and
things get slightly better, meaning a few more ISP
sees both but majority of them still seeing single ISP
path.

I've contacted both ISPs and they both claimed they
are announcing our /24 to the rest of the world,
without manipulation.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

- Kyaw