RE: Verizon outage in Southern California?

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Tue Oct 18 16:59:45 2005

The dependancy between all of those would be a DACS so that
seems to make sense. I'm guessing the impacted circuits were
DS3 or below, with Verizon providing resale of the Z ends.

I'm not sure of the relation to E911 though. Could be, but
it sounds odd since E911 has redundancies to tandems IIRC.

My guess is water on a DACS bay or complete power loss in the
CO (rarer than water on a DACS).

-M<