Re: Verizon outage in Southern California?

  • From: Matthew Black
  • Date: Tue Oct 18 12:12:59 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:48:50 -0700 (PDT)
 Jay Hennigan <[email protected]> wrote:
We lost connectivity to a number of customers in the Los Angeles and
Long beach area and the local AM radio news stations are talking about
some major telephone issues regarding Verizon.

Anyone have more information?  It seems to have started around 02:30
local time this morning.
Yup, the news is true. We have lost outside telephone service
at CSU Long Beach to all but Verizon customers connected to
our local central office. Newspapers are reporting that the
outage began Tuesday around 2:30 a.m. local time and is affecting
a wide area including Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach,
Artesia, Downey, Bellflower and Westminster (not a complete list).

Search for details.

<http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&q=verizon%20long%20beach>

matthew black
california state university, long beach