Re: IPv6 news

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Tue Oct 18 05:19:57 2005

I reread this and still don't see how geographical ip address allocation
is going to work if typical customer connections are network-centric
and any large area has number of competitive access providers (unless
you're fine with multiple providers announcing aggregate summary in
anycast fashion).

The only way I see that geographical addressing might have some advantage is if the area is covered by large monopoly that connects everyone else there (and its not to say that such situation does not exist in some countries, but I don't think this situation should be encouraged and forced to continue forever with network allocation policies).