Re: And Now for Something Completely Different (was Re: IPv6 news)

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Mon Oct 17 07:35:07 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Tony Li wrote:

This is completely orthogonal to a real identifier/locator split, which would divide what we know of as the 'address' into two separate spaces, one which says "where" the node is, topologically, and one which says "who" the node is.
Hmm, no idea whether it's a good idea or not, but from POV of scaling while it might make 'where' scaleable, you still have to find a way to tie "who" to "where".

Some might say we already have this split though, DNS.

Tony
regards,
--
Paul Jakma	[email protected]	[email protected]	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: