RE: IPv6 news - newbie

  • From: JP Velders
  • Date: Sat Oct 15 18:14:42 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Ben Butler wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:32:10 +0100
> From: Ben Butler <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: IPv6 news - newbie

> [ ... ] I have no idea whether there is a market for v6 connectivity
> / hosting amongst UK businesses, I guess we will find out.

Well, just to give a rather hilarious example.
http://www.ecp.nl/ipv6/

The "IPv6 Task Force" for the Netherlands, backed by the government.
Given that it's an EU initiative, I think we will at least see a
little v6 market in the EU for various local effects of that
initiative ;)

Also, I believe that the site above doesn't have v6 connectivity yet,
though are working on it (hosting provider doesn't do v6, the ISP of
the hosting provider on the other hand does ;D)...

> I wonder how long it will be before v4 internet is turned off???

<tongue firmly in cheek>
When the brits decide that it's a mainland historical quirk ;D
</tongue firmly in cheek>

> Regards
> Ben

Kind regards,