shim6 ... easy?

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Sat Oct 15 07:51:26 2005

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 10:44:39AM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> Operators DO support scalable multihoming, but it has to deliver what
> they want/need. HOW this can be achieved is the task of the IETF and
> the REAL challenge. shim6 is only "the easy way out".
>
> Daniel

	Easy... perhaps/perhaps not.
	Shim6 is an attempt to split the endpoint identifier
	from the routing locator. Unfortunately, it is not a
	clean split, still co-mingling the two thus retaining
	the confusion that we have today on what is an address
	used for... :)  Not persuaded that this is going to be
	easy.

--bill