Re: IPv6 news

  • From: Chris Adams
  • Date: Sat Oct 15 00:14:23 2005

Once upon a time, Daniel Roesen <[email protected]> said:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 10:21:58PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> > For some equipment, it still works out to "forklift your network".
> > For example, our current dialup gear doesn't support IPv6 (and AFAIK
> > no upgrades are available or planned to add it).
>
> How does that hinder your backbone, leased line access and hosting
> deployment?

Let's say we've passed the day when we can no longer get IPv4 address
space (that's what started this thread) and we bring up a new hosting
customer who is also local and has a dialup account.  The hosting site
gets an IPv6 address; how will the customer access it?

--
Chris Adams <[email protected]>