Re: IPv6 news

  • From: Chris Adams
  • Date: Fri Oct 14 23:30:05 2005

Once upon a time, Christopher L. Morrow <[email protected]> said:
> agreed, it's a measured engineered decision hopefully. backed by financial
> and prudent engineering decisions. that wasn't the tone of the orignial
> comment though, which was: "Yea, I told them to just do it" which is
> tantamount to 'forklift your network you dummies'.

For some equipment, it still works out to "forklift your network".  For
example, our current dialup gear doesn't support IPv6 (and AFAIK no
upgrades are available or planned to add it).  There's no reason for us
to replace our dialup gear; the only thing that fails on it is fans (and
we can replace those easily enough with an hour's work of chassis
dis/re-assembly).  Dialup isn't going to go away in the near future
either.
--
Chris Adams <[email protected]>