Re: IPv6 news

  • From: Joseph S D Yao
  • Date: Fri Oct 14 18:05:57 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 09:28:19AM -0700, Crist Clark wrote:
> While I do not necessarily disagree with this point of view (as I work
> for a company who uses allocated space in such a manner), others may
> argue that addresses that are assigned through the Internet Assigned
> Numbers Authority (that's Internet with the "I") are meant for Internet,
> with an "I," use. As it says at the top of their web page, "Dedicated
> to preserving the central coordinating functions of the global Internet
> for the public good." Note, "global Internet."

And what happens when a non-connected internet starts connecting to the
public Internet?  Even if it's through a single-layered proxy?

Better to use non-conflicting IP addresses to start off with.  Trying to
do this with self-issued IP addresses has caused problems more than
once.  [Yah, "this is what RFC 1918 is for", but what if two RFC 1918
networks connect?]

--
Joe Yao