Re: shim6 (was Re: IPv6 news)

  • From: Daniel Roesen
  • Date: Fri Oct 14 16:34:01 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 01:11:18PM -0700, Crist Clark wrote:
> Actually, doing multihoming and getting PI space are orthogonal in
> shim6 last I knew. That is, you could get address space from your N
> providers and have one of the providers, say Provider X, to be the
> ULID for the end points. Should Provider X's link(s) go down, shim6
> will ensure it all still works (which is, after all, the whole point).

But when the contract with this supplier is terminated, I have to
renumber the whole network. Excellent.

> Getting PI space is really an administrative and economic issue. It is
> not a technical requirement of shim6.

That's the problem. Ignorance regarding economical problems. We don't
have technical problems, we have economical ones (if at all).

Best regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: [email protected] -- [email protected] -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0