Re: IPv6 news

  • From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
  • Date: Thu Oct 13 02:58:56 2005

Hi Geoff,

Sorry, I think replied the wrong email, I was referring to the comment about
the reclaim of unused space, I'm sure was in the last APNIC, but I'm
starting to doubt if you said it or somebody else ...

One more comment on this thread is regarding the usage of private addresses
for managing networks, such as cable modems. I've understood that at least
one big ISP in Japan and another in US run into troubles because net 10/8
become short for them. At least the Japanese one got a public /8 to renumber
the network, and I guess this will start to happen more often.

Regards,
Jordi