Re: whois.register.com - exceeded maximum number of queries?

  • From: Jim Popovitch
  • Date: Wed Oct 12 19:04:57 2005
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:X-Accept-Language:MIME-Version:To:CC:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=055NNvRPzaaFYOn/61BYAdUTn0KG+do7gbrXLOpuRSAqf04Ai02SLkLI8ZFIhzSjEswdP1Upi7e7PlpBW0gL2JNJJdAit9W3Gagm81e8z5gwr8Rz737MifeJ2gaFNjDWcbwlNsaEQvA3pQrmKVb+ullcP8un3LkEn3nhfEWLj+M= ;

Erik Sundberg wrote:
Any reason why the whois.register.com would say "You have exceeded your
maximum number of queries.".  Tried it from 3 differnet boxes that have 3
differnent public ip address. Tried the web gui too and I get the same
lookup error. This looks specific to whois.register.com.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing????
I, being a bit larger than the average customer of Register.com, normally see the same thing if I setup a script to pull current whois data for all the domains I have registered (most on behalf of others). However I just confirmed that I get the same response from multiple locations, so it does look like whois.register.com is having some issues.

"You have exceeded your maximum number of queries."

-Jim P.