Re: IPv6 news

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Wed Oct 12 17:14:21 2005

> by saying this i don't intend to disagree with the general premise:
> there are tons of genuinely unused prefixes out there.  the point is
> just that i doubt that there is an automated way to determine exactly
> which ones they are.

depends on what you mean by automated.  geoff's point, among other
things, is that we will see social automation in action when the
rirs/lirs can no longer allocate from an exhausted iana v4 pool.

also to be noted is that rir statistics on who has what space are
not in the best of shape, ripe's being particularly obfuscated.

randy