Requesting P.I. Space from ARIN - latest issues?

  • From: up
  • Date: Tue Oct 11 10:58:56 2005

After taking IP space from upstreams for years, I am on the verge of
requesting PI space from ARIN, but after reviewing their guidelines, I
have a couple of questions:

1) I meet the Multihoming requirement, which means I can get a block as
small as a /22, which is about right for my needs.  Are there still any
concerns about networks (as Verio and Sprint have done in the past)
filtering out longer prefixes, and if so, does it depend on whether it;s
former class A, B, C or swamp space?  I know when I got my current block
from my upstream, I had to make sure I got swamp space, because the former
class B block they initially allocated to me wouldn't have made it past
Verio's filters at that time.

2) I currently have a /21 from an upstream, for which I met the
requirements for when I got it, but since outsourcing the dialup, I am
probably well below ARIN's guidelines for "efficient utilization" at this
time.  Would this cause a problem in my application, even though I am
applying for a smaller block?

Thanks in advance,

[email protected]							    http://3.am