Re: Fwd: The Root has got an A record

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Mon Oct 10 12:41:32 2005

I am sorry if you feel annoyed by this, but

c.public-root.com,  Cleveland, Ohio, USA,  IP 68.255.182.111
e.public-root.com,  Montreal, Quebec, Canada,  IP 216.138.219.83
f.public-root.com,  Terre Haute, Indiana, USA,  IP 66.15.237.185
g.public-root.com,  Chicago, Illinois, USA,  IP 199.5.157.131
h.public-root.com,  Des Moines, Iowa, USA,  64.198.89.245

operate in north america, in your network. So do their customers.
It is you who will be annoyed if anything goes wrong because of
this misbehaviour.

I do not recommend using the public-root right now. I do warn
because of obvious technical problems.

I dont know what happens if '.' suddenly has a valid ip address.
I have not written windows. I dont know what Bill Gates does.
My linux did complain. That is how I did find it in the first
place.

And I know for shure '.' was not meant to have an ip address.

What can go wrong will go wrong. I have seen enough queries
for '.local' and for 'localhost' on the root-servers.