Re: Fwd: The Root has got an A record

  • From: Peter
  • Date: Mon Oct 10 12:26:28 2005
  • Newsgroups: newsgate.nanog

Janet Sullivan <[email protected]> wrote:
[...]
> Having an A record for the root is one better than having an A
> record for, say, .edu. In other words, this shouldn't work:

The content at http://57.67.193.188/ made me wonder if they'd not in
fact put in a *wildcard* record in the root zone. It turns out that
they haven't, so there's still some more lack of DNS Clue that hasn't
yet been demonstrated.

--
My swerver room, my patch panels. By the time they figure out why none of the
ports on their floor box work anymore I'll be done, dusted and down the pub