Re: GigE Peering Router

  • From: Patrick W.Gilmore
  • Date: Mon Oct 10 05:05:13 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 2:53 AM, James Ashton wrote:

I would run from the 7206+NPE-G1 in this capacity. We have not had luck
actually getting a gig worth of traffic flowing through them. Great
small site router, but not much on the throughput side at all.
We are currently pushing 950+ Mbps through several 7301s. (The 7301 is essentially an NPE-G1 in a box by itself.)

This traffic is heavily outbound. Several NAPs have the router, some with 100+ peers. We do not have a lot of ACLs or other CPU-eating stuff in the config.

--
TTFN,
patrick