RE: Level 3's side of the story

  • From: David Hubbard
  • Date: Fri Oct 07 19:28:11 2005

From: William Allen Simpson

> I don't remember seeing this public notice from Level(3) posted....
> Wouldn't that be "without notice from Level(3)"?

They notified Cogent, not the public.  Cogent chose to
not do anything other than hope they won the staring
contest when Level 3 terminated the link, which
apparently they did.  Be interesting to see what
will happen in a month when they go at it again.

> Splendid, that gives the world sufficient time to accept
> Cogent's offer of 1 year free service.

This is not the first time Cogent has used their customers
as pawns in peering disputes, I don't know if I'd jump on
the bandwagon so quickly (spoken as a customer of both
companies).

David