Re: Regulatory intervention

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Oct 07 13:28:15 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Daniel Golding wrote:
> > Google Goes to Washington
> > http://www.betanews.com/article/Google_Goes_to_Washington/1128691070
>
> Google also has a responsibility not to bite the hand that feeds it - the
> laise faire, unregulated Internet.
>
> Shame on them. Google is not suffering at all from this.

Will the same regulations Google wants, also provide better oversight into
how Google operates?  When Google unilaterally removes or changes the
rankings of its search results, I assume a government regulatory agency
will be able to issue orders and control how Google operates its
bottleneck search infrastructure to provide fair, neutral and transparent,
in the government agency's opinion, of google's operations?