Re: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: Lewis Butler
  • Date: Fri Oct 07 04:56:20 2005
On 05 Oct 2005, at 13:44 , Charles Gucker wrote:
Oh man, I have to jump in here for a moment.  Not that I agree with
what happened, but to refute your claim that Cogent can get L3
elsewhere, it goes both ways.  L3 can also get Cogent connectivity
elsewhere.   This is a big game of chicken, it will be interesting to
see who backs down first.
Ok, as I understand it, Level3 can get Cogent connectivity back simply be restoring the peering that they suspended, right?

I mean, Cogent can pay someone to route to L3 or L3 can fix what they did on their side, they have no need to go anywhere but their own routers, right?

--
Lewis Butler, Owner Covisp.net
240 S Broadway #203, 80209