Re: Public Works Peering

  • From: Erik Haagsman
  • Date: Thu Oct 06 11:04:58 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 10:26 -0400, J. Oquendo wrote:

> Now that I had time to marinate weird ideas even further, this is how my
> previous idea `could` work for all parties. Of course those making
> financial decisions would likely hate this idea since it would somehow
> manage to "hurt" their business in their eyes...
>
> States (or countries) would create a massive public NAP which would be
> peered in each state. Guaranteed not to go down. Well 99.99999% (snicker)
> guaranteed not to falter. This network would be funded by taxpayer dollars
> and anyone wanting to peer would pay solely enough to maintain this NAP.

Marinate and weird are certainly . How is this radically different from
current public NAPs, funded by their members without profit as the main
driving force and what good would it do? Dragging governments to places
we'd normally wouldn't want them? Please let this idea rest in pieces.

Cheers,

Erik

--
---