Re: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: tony sarendal
  • Date: Thu Oct 06 10:20:55 2005

On 06/10/05, Stephen J. Wilcox <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, tony sarendal wrote:
>
> > Is being a tier-1 now a good or bad sales argument when selling internet
> > access ?
>
> its the same as it always was, its a marketing positive. but thats because the
> market is dumb.
>
> if you wish to make your purchasing decision on 'tier-1' status thats up to you,
> but i'll be looking at performance, price, strategy, service level and what type
> of supplier i want for a company like mine.
>
> cogent is cheap and you get what you pay for. level3 is mid-price, but they
> really dont care much about their customers (or thats what i found). perhaps you
> want better customer service or to deal with a smaller company to gain their
> attention and respect.

I didn't mean for this to sound so much like a question, but I belive
I posted before my first cup of coffee.

This is not the first and certainly not the last time we see this kind
of event happen.
Purchasing a single-homed service from a Tier-1 provider will guarantee that you
are affected by this every time it happens.

Now, is being a tier-1 now a good or bad sales argument when selling
internet access ?

/Tony
 going for more coffee