Re: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Thu Oct 06 09:20:12 2005

On 10/6/05 6:43 AM, "tony sarendal" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Is being a tier-1 now a good or bad sales argument when selling
> internet access ?

Its a great sales argument. That's why everyone claims to be one. It just
sounds SO good. And its not like the Peering Police are going to enforce it.

What does it mean in real life? Nothing. Nada. An organization's SFI status
is a particularly poor criteria for choosing a transit provider. There are
so many better factors to use - support, packet loss, price, latency,
availability, provisioning speed - you name it, its a better criteria than
SFI status.

- Dan