Re: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: Douglas Dever
  • Date: Wed Oct 05 18:44:54 2005

On 10/5/05, Patrick W. Gilmore <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Douglas Dever wrote:
>
> > On 10/5/05, Matthew Crocker <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> They did, and I'm not down.  I see Level 3 via Sprint and GNAPs/CENT
> >> just fine.  I didn't lose any connectivity to Level 3 at all.  Bits
> >> moving down different pipes, not a big deal to me technically.   The
> >
> > So, where's the problem, exactly?
> >
> >> fact remains that Cogent is not providing the service I'm paying them
> >> for and they need to get it fixed.
> >
> > Really?  As you already pointed out, your packets are reaching their
> > destination.  So, they don't "need" to get anything "fixed."
> >
> > What utter nonsense...
> >
> > *shakes head and walks away*
>
> I think you are confused.

Having re-read this thread, you're right, I was confused.  I mis-read
what Matthew was telling me.  I interpreted this as his routes from
Cogent to L3 were now moving through Sprint as opposed to being
directly connected - as opposed to him having multiple carriers.
Obviously, that isn't the case.  My bad.

Sorry, Matthew.

-doug