Re: AW: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Wed Oct 05 16:18:50 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 12:49 PM, John van Oppen wrote:

I think in all the recent cases, cogent ended up buying transit from verio.

That was the case for access to AOL and Sprint when I turned off my cogent feed a week ago. I think that is also what they did with france telecom but I am not sure on that one as I never checked (I had other transit).
When AOL de-peered Cogent, they got to AOL via Above.Net. But that was a long time ago.

When Teleglobe de-peered Cogent, Teleglobe turned the peering back on. I guess Cogent's attitude of "this hurts you more than me" worked.

When FT de-peered Cogent, Cogent bought (more) transit from Verio.

--
TTFN,
patrick