Re: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Wed Oct 05 15:57:20 2005

Not to add fuel to the fire, but many IP contracts with my upstreams have a clause, which is very similar across vendors:

"VENDOR cannot guarantee the peering sessions between our ourselves and other companies and/or networks. There is no guarantee of end to end connectivity between you as a CUSTOMER and other non-VENDOR controlled networks."

While it actually has meaning now, I am not sure you'd get a vendor to delete that from an agreement.