Re: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Wed Oct 05 15:48:51 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Todd Vierling wrote:

No, I mean: Why didn't *your upstream's* routes fall back to *their* other
peers, who should be perfectly capable of transiting those packets?

The thinly veiled implication there is that "full mesh" is not a long term
effective way to run the backbone level transit, because dropping one peer
without an alternate path means that we get broken transit. Yum.
You are very, very confused on how the Internet works.

Which network do you run, sir? I find it useful to know which networks have engineers who understand not only "conf t" but also what the commands they type actually mean.

--
TTFN,
patrick