Re: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Wed Oct 05 15:10:29 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Todd Vierling wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Matthew Crocker wrote:

So perhaps the question you should be asking is: Why didn't routes for
these networks fall over to the other upstream peers which *are* capable of
moving the packets? Surely MCI, AT&T, Sprint, and others would carry the
packets to the right place. I can see the paths right here....
They did, and I'm not down. I see Level 3 via Sprint and GNAPs/CENT just
fine.
No, I mean: Why didn't *your upstream's* routes fall back to *their* other
peers, who should be perfectly capable of transiting those packets?
Who is Level3's upstream?

Who is Cogent's upstream? (Actually, I know the answer to that, but it's for partial connectivity, not full)

You seem to be confusing peering with transit...