Re: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Wed Oct 05 11:58:07 2005

On Wed Oct 05, 2005 at 11:50:52AM -0400, Matthew Crocker wrote:
> I opened a billing/support ticket with Cogent.   I'm not planning on
> paying my bill or continuing the contract if they cannot provide full
> BGP tables and full Internet transport (barring outages).   Luckily I
> have 2 other providers so I can still reach Level 3.

We tried the same line with Level3 - and were told "Tough, we're not paying
service credit. The transit still works, just its coverage is slightly
different".

> Maybe I can buy the new 'Cogent - it is almost the Internet' service
> for less money.

Indeed, that's the natural next step.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *