Re: TLD anycast clouds?

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Wed Oct 05 03:56:17 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Elmar K. Bins wrote:

I'd propose taking the list of TLDs, generating the list of associated
authoritative DNS servers (and their IP addresses) and try that list
on the routing registries...
Assuming that you do that, what would you be your criteria to find based
on RR if the ip is anycasted or not?

I mean lets suppose that I run dns server at AS0 and peer at location A and also at location B with same ISP with AS1. I might have one dns server at location A and another different one at location B, which means its anycasting. But from peering perspective it would just appear as the
same path AS0->AS1 no matter what location it is.

Opposite to that route to the same server might be seen from different peer AS# based on location because of routing policies.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks