Fwd: Life of Brian, was Re: [Pr-plan] Public-Root resolution problems

  • From: Frank Coluccio
  • Date: Sun Oct 02 14:44:49 2005

Frank A. Coluccio
DTI Consulting Inc.
212-587-8150 Office
347-526-6788 Mobile

----- Original Message -----
From: Roy Arends
To: [email protected]
Sent: Fri Sep 30 11:17
Subject: Fwd: Life of Brian, was Re: [Pr-plan] Public-Root resolution problems
and UNIDT (fwd)

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Peter Dambier wrote:

> Statement of the Official Public-Root Representative

> Public-Root resolution problems
>
> I in my capacity as the Official Public-Root Representative and
> whistle-blower, asked Peter Dambier to publish to NANOG a notice that the
> Public-Root had fractured. Namely, the root in Ankara operated by Celep
> Bahadir who is also the UNIDT (www.unidt.com) representative to Turkey and
> the Middle East.
>
> There was an attempt by UNIDT to start a new root system called the
> United-Root. Attempts by Ankara to test this root on l.public-root.net at
> 195.214.191.125 resulted in a fracturing of the public-root network.
>
> The Ankara root injected a number of older records into the DNS resulting
> in false answers to queries. Ankara was also listing as root servers some
> DNS that pointed back to ICANN data and did not resolve the Public-Root.
> This was very unprofessional behavior on behalf of UNIDT resulting in a
> serious violation of their contractual obligations to the Public-Root.

>From Life of Brian, scene 7.

BRIAN:
Are you the Judean People's Front?
REG:
F*** off!
BRIAN:
What?
REG:
Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean
People's Front. Cawk.
FRANCIS:
Wankers.
BRIAN:
Can I... join your group?
REG:
No. P*** off.
BRIAN:
I didn't want to sell this stuff. It's only a job. I hate the Romans
as much as anybody.
PEOPLE'S FRONT OF JUDEA:
Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhh. Shh. Shhhh.
REG:
Schtum.
JUDITH:
Are you sure?
BRIAN:
Oh, dead sure. I hate the Romans already.
REG:
Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have to really
hate the Romans.
BRIAN:
I do!
REG:
Oh, yeah? How much?
BRIAN:
A lot!
REG:
Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans
are the f*ing Judean People's Front.
P.F.J.:
Yeah...
JUDITH:
Splitters.
P.F.J.:
Splitters...
FRANCIS:
And the Judean Popular People's Front.
P.F.J.:
Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
LORETTA:
And the People's Front of Judea.
P.F.J.:
Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
REG:
What?
LORETTA:
The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.
REG:
We're the People's Front of Judea!
LORETTA:
Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.
REG:
People's Front! C-huh.
FRANCIS:
Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?
REG:
He's over there.
P.F.J.:
Splitter!
GOLIATH:
[pant pant pant] Ooh. Ooh. I-- I think I'm about to have a... cardiac
arrest. Ooh. Ooh.
SPECTATOR:
Absolutely dreadful. Hmm.
CROWD:
[cheering]
REG:
Yes, brother! Ha ha. What's your name?
BRIAN:
Brian. Brian Cohen.
REG:
We may have a little job for you, Brian.

Regards,

Roy