Re: .iq [ was: Re: Paul Vixie serving ORSN ]

  • From: David W. Hankins
  • Date: Fri Sep 30 18:41:59 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:38:43AM -0400, Eric Brunner-Williams at a VSAT somewhere wrote:
> It all comes down to pretending a PC is a supercomputer,

An ordinary PC, by today's standards average, is defined by US law as
a supercomputer, legally a munition ("weapon of war").  Wether you
yourself believe the object defined by the pouplar term "supercomputer"
is required to habitate a substantially larger space, or substantially
larger number of computrons is irrelevant.

There is no pretense here, just that I suspect you misunderstand that
the term 'supercomputer' is being used as a legal term, not the common
term you use in casual language.

> pretending that
> ordinary Syrians, let alone nuclear weapons proliferating Syrians, didn't,
> in this period, routinely drive from Damascus to Beruit,

That you might be able to buy a cannister of napalm from the grocery
store in [Insert random location], doesn't mean the US has to hold all
exports of napalm into that location as immune from export controls.

Again, there is no pretense here, and there is no need for it.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."