Re: .iq [ was: Re: Paul Vixie serving ORSN ]

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Fri Sep 30 17:49:56 2005

    > Have you got an opinion on .mm? Last December it so happened that
    > all their servers (in the UK, which isn't part of Burma, or Burma
    > Shave, or ...) were dark.  If those facts were present today, would
    > you be ready to delta dot?

My inclination has been to solve problems rather than burn things down...
Changing the root doesn't solve the problem of all someone's servers being
down.  Getting a useful (first priority: up, second priority: in and by
the country of service) set of servers into the root does solve the
problem.

I think that we (PCH) and ICANN, and RIPE, and Randy Bush, among many
others, have all put quite a bit of work into trying to see that happen.
Starting over doesn't build a better system, just a less trusted one.

                                -Bill