Re: Paul Vixie serving ORSN

  • From: Roy Arends
  • Date: Fri Sep 30 16:28:31 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Paul Vixie wrote:

> # > > It is *not* the same as what you've been advocating.
> # >
> # > indeed, it is not.  ...
> #
> # I don't get this. You pretend there is a difference between ICANN / VeriSign
> # / US-DoC and universal IANA namespace.  They are one and the same.
>
> you must have misread me.  see http://fm.vix.com/ today.

I've read it. Twice now. I'd like some help on what part I've misread ?

I don't think the independence argument holds, as explained by my previous
message, therefor, one of ORSN's main argument: resilience; How is the
community served better by converging from a set of 75+ roots deployed
worldwide to a set of 13 roots european based. Or are you trying to give
US based ORSN clients better proximity :)

Roy