Re: [political pontification] Re: Turkey has switched Root-Servers

  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams at a VSAT somewhere
  • Date: Fri Sep 30 12:05:58 2005

> Are there operational issues to attempt to make this thread remotely on
> point for NANOG? Probably not. Its just bits, and whether the bits are all
> 0x000 or quasi-random distributions between 0x000 and 0x177 is water under
> somebody else's bridge. The constraint-space is "solve in applications" and
> not "solve in infrastructure".

s/0x177/0x377/. I'm such a dolt. ENOCOFFEE. The 8th bit is the point, for
some values of point.

> VC: yes, that's the current vector at any rate although I gather there is
> still effort being put into constraint rules at both infrastructure and
> application level?

Back when I still worked for a well-heeled, if only through pyramid-scams
on investers in the North American numbering and speculative DNS markets,
employer and could afford to go to IETF meetings, I did talk to people in
the MTA and other lines of work about foo-in-infrastructure.

One can hope that people do the correct things, but sometimes they need to
be reminded what "correct" and "do" mean.

I wonder what goodies and treats await me in this tasty tarball ... after
all "sendmail X is 8 bit transparent" ...

ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail/.beta/antry/smX-0.0.Beta2.0.tar.gz

Eric