Re: GSM Association and NeuStar Sign Agreement to Offer Root DNS Services

  • From: Brandon Butterworth
  • Date: Fri Sep 30 08:44:19 2005

> You are misunderstanding.

I'm extrapolating, things rarely stay restricted to the
original use they existed for. At some point I expect
they'll put something on it that users become aware of
and think "it'd be much more convenient if we could
use the same on the internet"

> The data in .gprs is used by infrastructure
> in the GSM networks to decide where a user's home station is.

If they restrict it to internal use then it's non news,
anyone can make up stuff with risk of later collision,
and isn't on topic here.

brandon