Re: [Misc][Rant] Internet router (straying slightly OT)

  • From: Steve Thomas
  • Date: Thu Sep 29 19:09:29 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 02:45:20PM -0700, Aaron is rumored to have said:

> When faced with a
> question like "who owns this router?", don't waste your time signing
> up for a mailing list just to make a fool of yourself. Do some
> research. Keep reading. And before you know it, you'll have taught
> yourself an amazing amount of knowledge.

I'm not a guru like most on this list, which is why I rarely chime in despite having been subscribed for 5 or 6 years, but Aaron nailed it here. I used this technique when I wanted to run my own DNS, mail & web servers and managed to teach myself all I needed to know to accomplish those things simply by reading what was available online. I also picked up a few books along the way, but everything you need is on the 'net.

St-

--
Tower, Observatory
  You stand in what appears to be a room designed specifically