Re: [eng/rtg] changing loopbacks

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Thu Sep 29 14:38:01 2005

> Personally, the cleanest way I've been able to accomplish changing this
> in regard to OSPF, logging and authentication on Cisco's is to suck
> down the running config, make the changes in your editor of choice,
> push it back up to startup-config and schedule a reboot.  iBGP is much
> easier to make the changes as you outline.

this is my fear.  which is why i asked.  pushing out new configs
(the canonic config is on disk, not the router [0]) and setting a
reload of a bunch of routers at time t0 does not give me warm
fuzzies about what the world will be like at time tn (n > 0).

but i may have to take that path.  i am hoping folk will give me a
magic pill.  after all, any group with such a deep understanding of
how to deal with the world's social ills must know a bit of router
magic <smirk>.

randy

---

[0] - i once worked at a large company who was proud of saying that
      "the network is the database of record."  i left there rather
      quickly.