Re: Turkey has switched Root-Servers

  • From: Russ Haynal
  • Date: Tue Sep 27 22:58:04 2005

At 05:46 PM 9/27/2005, Peter Dambier wrote:

I have a ".de" domain but I probably will lose it as soon as I move to
france. I cannot get a ".eu" domain because of bureaucratic reasons.
Anyhow I will lose it as soon as I move to Panama. So some 250 domains
are of no use to me.

A significant number of country registrars have NO residency requirements. I would guess almost half of the 2-letter country codes will sell their domains to anyone in the world with a credit card. Explore some registrars via http://www.iana.org/cctld/cctld-whois.htm
For example, alldomains.com alone is a re-seller of 16 country domains (.us, ca, cc, tv, DE, md, bz, ws, it, at, nu, nl, fr, ch, be, cn)

Russ Haynal - Internet Instructor, Speaker and Paradigm Shaker
"Helping organizations gain the most benefit from the Internet"
[email protected] http://navigators.com 703-729-1757