Re: Turkey has switched Root-Servers

  • From: Tony Li
  • Date: Tue Sep 27 22:40:50 2005

.com is an abomination, as are the other gTLDs to a lesser extent. .gov,
.mil, .edu, .info, and .biz need to be shifted under .us immediately, and
everyone under .com, .net, and .org needs to be gradually moved under the
appropriate part of the real DNS tree. I can live with .int continuing on,
but only because no better solution immediately comes to mind.

Actually, I think you've got it backwards. .us and all of the other country-specific TLDs are the last vestiges of nationalism. The Internet is only the second piece of truly global infrastructure. As a key component in the ongoing trend towards a unified global administration, we should do what we can to encourage cooperation and equality across borders, not intensify their differences.

Tony