Re: Turkey has switched Root-Servers

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Tue Sep 27 15:09:40 2005

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

So, I think I'm off the crazy-pills recently... Why is it again that folks
want to balkanize the Internet like this? Why would you intentionally put
your customer base into this situation? If you are going to do this, why
not just drop random packets to 'bad' destinations instead?

There are actually quite a few parties advocating dropping packets to 'bad' destinations. Each of them usually has a different set of criteria to define the 'bad'.

Pete