Re: Address Space & ASN Allocation Process

  • From: Chris Boyd
  • Date: Mon Sep 26 22:26:34 2005

On Sep 26, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Justin M. Streiner wrote:

I would recommend they register a maintainer, AS and appropriate route objects in the RADB or one of the many IRR mirrors. Some carriers build their filters based off of IRR data. That's still not a guarantee of global routability, but keeping their records in good order is a good start.
I'll second the route registry suggestion. We turned up BGP about a year ago, and found that most of our traffic got bit-bucketed by big edge networks without registering routes. If you don't want to pay RADB, you can use AltDB.

--Chris