Re: 209.68.1.140 (209.68.1.0 /24) blocked by bellsouth.net for SMTP

  • From: sigma
  • Date: Sun Sep 25 19:35:21 2005

> No, what will happen more and more is that parties who forward email
> will have to make a "best effort" to ensure that it is not spam.
>
> Meaning a policy "unfiltered email does not get fowarded to external
> parties"

This was my point.  Have we already come to the day where regular e-mail
forwarding is no longer workable?  If so, we'll adapt, naturally, but I
didn't think that day had come yet.  And I didn't think Bellsouth would be
leading the way.

> This is a problem. Headers would go a long way to disabling the
> forwarding instances and/or mandating strict filtering for those customers.
>
> That being said, assuming you have told bellsouth you were working on
> eliminating raw forwarding they should have worked immediately to lift
> the block and give you the benefit of the doubt.

Bellsouth hasn't even said they want forwarding eliminated or filtered;
they are just being obstinate and unhelpful.

Kevin