Re: Don't Cache that check

  • From: Bruce Robertson
  • Date: Wed Sep 21 17:08:30 2005

Yes, but that's not the point of the lawsuit.  The point seems to be that
Google should not receive advertising revenue by creating a searchable archive
of copyrighted material owned by other parties.  While I believe that such a
service will actually be to the benefit of the copyright owners, the
Plaintiffs have a valid point.

Certainly *I* would like a say in whether my material is used in such a matter
by others.  Perhaps I believe that my material is so valuable that I could
create my own search engine for it, and thereby receive a revenue stream.
Copyright law is pretty clear that it's my exclusive right to do that.

In any case, as others have pointed out, ISP caching is normally immune, and
so this isn't really on topic anymore.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO                           +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.    company-wide fax: +1-775-348-9412