Re: [afnog] ARIN to allocate from 74/8 & 75/8

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Wed Sep 21 00:13:10 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

testing *from* the address block to a representative spread of
addressing makes much more sense and would be much more indicative of
forwarding (versus routing) problems, and would do so with some method
It's a good idea, but of course that requires someone in the allocated
block to have a list of addresses to ping, all over the net.
Such lists aren't _that_ hard to come by. It's been done.

If anyone from cymru wants to talk to me about what I did with 69/8 (69box), or get some data, they know how to reach me.

Jon Lewis | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net | _________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________