Re: router worms and International Infrastructure

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Sep 20 13:22:37 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:44:33 +0200, Gadi Evron said:

> Whatever gets done and re-done is local, whether by ISP or country and
> there is almost nothing getting done to treat this as a global, macro
> problem, and actually put in measures to combat it.

RFC2827 came out in May 2000.

Based on its deployment history, where providers just have to act locally,
I suspect that a requirement that providers act globally will result in either:

a) I'll be collecting a pension and not really caring before it happens.

b) We have a curious patchwork of laws foisted upon us, from various state,
province, and country governments.

In either case, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for something workable
to show up - that's a long time to spend being an odd shade of blue....