Re: Google seeks GoogleNet bids?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Tue Sep 20 09:56:13 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:

> It may have something to do with the possibility that
> GoogleNet will need an infrastructure to tie together
> it's WiFi offering:

Or... perhaps they just don't want to pay transit prices, and they think
darkfiber and all its accutriments will be less than transit prices (which
I don't want to debate, I'll take it on faith it is), for all their
'internal' communications? There are probably a dozen reasons, ending
with: "Vint wants a new network to play with" ... It's their money, let
them put it back into the economy? :)