Requst for tech/peering contact to Qwest, Bresnan/ATT Worldnet(?)(for Montana)

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Mon Sep 19 15:29:59 2005

Please reply privately, off-list...

I know this is probably not the best place, but Qwest, being Qwest, if I call their main numbers and try to ask about peering, they do s/peering/transit/ and route me to sales. I need to speak to someone in Qwest about peering at NWIX in Missoula, MT -- http://www.nwix.org/ -- Modwest (my employer) has a decent number of local customers on both of these providers networks, and employees being serviced on Bresnan's network. Bresnan I know has IP gear here in the facility, I just need to get the contact of someone who has the authority to get them plugged into NWIX in Missoula and setup a BGP peering session.

I have a sales contact with Bresnan, but, if Bresnan's network guys/gals are on here and listening, this could hasten the process.

Qwest I know has a cabinet with an ONS15454, however, I'm not sure about IP. I'm not requesting global peering for either of them (we're just a small content/hosting provider) however I'd like to atleast have Montana customers/local customers see us via the direct link rather than having to go out one of our transit links.

Thanks again everyone, I now return you to your (err.. quasi?) operational content! :)

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler