Re: image stream routers

  • From: Edward B. Dreger
  • Date: Sat Sep 17 20:43:00 2005

LD> Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:18:28 +1000
LD> From: Lincoln Dale

LD> [without having looked at Imagestream in any way, shape or form..]
LD>
LD> it would be _unlikely_ that any router vendor that wants to support >OC3
LD> could do so with the 'standard' (non-modified) linux IP stack.  if they are
LD> modifying the 'standard' linux IP stack then its very unlikely that one
LD> could do so without having to publish the source-code to it.  (i.e. as per
LD> GPL).

Linux, reportedly with custom RIB/FIB code.

IANAL, but gpl-violations.org strikes me as interesting.  A court order
not to ship product is rather serious...

(For those who didn't follow the link, no such injunction has been
granted against IS.  However, other embedded-Linux OEMs have not been so
lucky.)

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/